Wednesday, January 28, 2009

We're Still Recovering From Our Weekend

We set off bright and early, taking care, of course, to match our traveling togs and accessories to our automotive transporation. And to only choose a raincoat with a sunny disposition.


We attended many gay afternoon parties, some involving copious amounts of champagne and glamorously-gowned gargoyles waiting to suck our very souls out of our gaping maws.


At 5 o'clock each afternoon, we donned our cocktail best, went down to the bar, requested "Something Cool" repeatedly, and attempted to pick up disinterested strangers.


Awards galas, premiere nights, supermarket openings...it all became a glamorous whirlwind of activity. But we tried to remain serenely detatched from reality.


Alas, all good things must come to an end. But if you wear the right chapeau, you can pick up a last-minute trick at the rest area on your way home.

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how often I've found myself having to fight off glamorously-gowned gargoyles waiting to suck the very soul out of my gaping maw.

    Thank goodness for my pocket sized atomizer of Gargoyle-be-gone.

    I'll send you up a case.

    ReplyDelete